2. CAPE and FASAL: Crop Acreage and Production Estimate (CAPE) is a countrywide project funded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperation. Acreage and Production Estimates for principal crops such as wheat, rice, sorghum,cotton, mustard and groundnut generated under the project using stratified random sampling approach.
3. Agro-climatic Planning and Information Bank: Under phase-II of Agro-climatic Planning and Information Bank taken up for six districts of Karnataka, web-based information bank has been generated for 63 major horticultural crops.
4. Potential Fishery Zone (PFZ)Forecasting: Potential fishing zones were initially forecast using sea surface temperature data.
5. Biodiversity Characteristics: The biodiversity characteristics of landscape level, covers four main biodiversity rich regions of the country- NE region, Western Himalayas, Western Ghats and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
6. Desertification Monitoring and Assessment:
7. Integrated Resource Information System for Desert Areas (IRIS-DA): The project covers 76,527 sq km in 83 desert or drought prone blocks distributed in 18 districts of four states- Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Karnataka.
8.Snow melt Run-off Forecast:
9. Snow and Glacier Investigations: Glaciers are emerging as first measurable indicators of global warming.
10. Coastal, mangroves and coral reef studies:
11. National Wasteland Inventory and Updation:
12. Archaeological Application: Satellite archaeology is based on study of geometric pattern of soil and vegetation marks, palaeo-channels, palaeo-mudflats and trend lines.
13. Watershed Development Project in Karnataka:
14: Sedimentary Survey of Reservoirs: So far Sriramsagar in Andhra Pradesh and Ujjani in Maharashtra survey using remote sensing satellites has been completed.
15. Water-logging and Salinity Mapping for Command Areas:
16. National Geographic Information System (GIS): Major themes covered are land use/ land cover, soil, drainage, water bodies, wasteland, vegetation type besides administrative boundaries at different levels, settlements, transport networks etc.
Read more: Different Types of Satellite Orbits