1. Which Indian Commercial Bank was the first in providing mobile Automated Teller Machine (ATM) service? – Industrial Credit & Investment Corporation of India Ltd. (ICICI) Bank. (Estd. In 1955 A.D.)
2. Who was the first Britisher to become the President of the Indian National Congress? – George Yule ( in 1888 A.D. at Allahabad Session
3. To whom the Speaker of Lok Sabha addresses his letter of resignation? – Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
4. “Directive Principles of State Policy” enshrined under Articles 36-51 of the Constitution of India are – Positive in Nature, can’t be enforced by Courts, Make India a welfare state & State had a duty to implement them.
5. The Mukesh Ambani Company “Reliance Petroleum Limited” is located at – Jamnagar ( in Gujarat)
6. Who is the writer of the book “An Accustomed Earth”? – Jhumpa Lahiri
7. The Birsa Munda tribal rebellion “Ulgulan” took place in the region south of Ranchi in – 1899 A.D. – 1900 A.D.
8. The Theosophy of Annie Besant was not popular amongst – Tamil Brahmins
9. Tata Iron Works was established in Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) in the year – 1907 A.D.
10. How many people were killed in the Jallianwala Bagh firing ordered by General Dire on April 13, 1919 A.D.? – 379
11. India Independence Resolution was brought in Lok Sabha House of commons on – July 5, 1947
12. Where did the Reliance Industries recently strike huge reserve of oil? – Krishna-Godavari Basin (Andhra Pradesh)
13. Area-wise which is the largest Hindu temple in the world? – Akshardham Temple, Delhi
14. How much prize-money is given to the Dada Sahib Phalke Award (introduced in 1969 A.D.) winner? Rs. 10 lacs
15. How many new world Records have been set in XXIXth Beijing Olympics, 2008? – 43
16. Who was the first recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (Estd. In 1991)? – Vishwanathan Anand
17. Which India duo won the Asia Pacific Car Rally 2008 Championship held in Indonesia? – Gaurav Gill & Jagdeva Singh
18. When the use of Electronic Voting Machine has started in the Vidhan Sabha Elections? – 1998 A.D.
19. In how many states the elections for Vidhan Sabha were held in 2006? – 5
21. National Judicial Academy building is located in – Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
22. E.T.A. is a terrorist organization of – Spain
23. What is the system of governance in the Panchayati Raj set-up? – Three tier
structure of local self Government at the village, block & district levels
24. The non-plan expenditure of the Government of India include- Defence Revenue expenditure, Subsidies, All expenditures linked with the previous plan & Interest payment
25. When did Subhash Chander Bose first meet Mahatma Gandhi? – July 16, 1921 at Bombay
26. Kamagatamaru incident – 1914 A.D.
Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival in India – January 9, 1915 A.D.
Tilak’s Home Rule League – April, 1916 A.D.
27. Who was the leader of the revolt during the 1st War of Independence, 1857 at Bareilly? – Khan Bahadur Khan
28. What is the length of the Bay of Bengal-coast-line in the east of Andhra Pradesh? – 974 km.
29. National leechi Research Centre is located here – Muzaffarpur, Bihar
30. National Highway-7A connects – Palain katai with Tutikorin
31. When was country’s first commercial E-mail service started in New Delhi? – February 11, 1994
32. Which British actress recently died of of cervical cancer? – Zed Gudi
33. When was ‘SUTRA’ (Social Upliftment Though Rural Action) founded in H.P.? – 1977
34. Area wise, which is the smallest district of H.P? – Hamirpur (1118 Sqkm.)
35. Which sage has been associated with Rewalsar in distt. Mandi, H.P.? – Lomash Rishi
36. According to Forest Records, the total forest area of H.P. is – 37033 sqkm.
37. Kunihar Valley begins from – Kuni Khadda
38. The height of Lama lake from the sea-level is : - 3962 Mtrs.
39. Tea is produced mainly in districts – Kangra & Mandi
40. H.P. Art and Culture Academy was established in the year – 1968 A.D.
41. Who was the first chairman of the H.P. Public Service Commission? – Lt. Gen.K.S. Katoch
42. Bhoranj is a tehsil of district- Hamirpur
43. Fulaich fair is held in district – Kinnaur
44. Suketi is a tributary of river- Beas
45. Who was the founder of Sirmaur state? – King Rasalu
46. When was Nagar Kot (Kangra) attacked by Taimur? – 1398 A.D.
47. Kibber village is located in – Kaza Valley
48. The literature related to Kangyur and Tangyur Buddhist Schools and preserved at kardang Buddhist temple is written in the local dialect – Bhoti
49. When was national Agriculture Insurance Scheme introduced in H.P.? – 1999-2000 A.D.
50. Who was the king of Chamba when Jahangir visited it in 1621 A.D.? – Balbhadra
51. Who was awarded the first Chandra Dhar Sharma Guleri Award for Hindi literature in 1986? – Sri Keshav
52. What is ‘Anamika’? – A powerful carbine recently developed in India
53. Who has been awarded with the Nobel Peace Award for 2008? – Marti Ahitsari (Former President of Finland)
54. For which category did Simon Beaufoy won Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire? – Adopted screenplay
55. Who was the founder of Viswa Bharati University, Santinketan? – Rabindra Nath Tagore
56. When was Katchatheevu Island handed over to Sri Lanka by Government of India under a bilateral agreement? – 1974 A.D.
57. When was the seventh Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Conference held in Chennai this year? – 7-9 January, 2009
58. Who is the new chief of Research and Analysis wing (RAW)? – K.C. Verma
59. Who has been awarded the K.K. Birla foundation vyas Samman for literature 2008? – Mannu Bhandari
60. As the highest wicket taker for India Anil Kumble has taken 619 wickets in Test Cricket. In how many Test Matches did he achieve this figure? - 132 Matches
61. Who has been appointed captain of the World Eleven Women Cricket Team of the ICC Women World Cup? – Cherlot Edwards ( of England)
62. How many crop seasons are there in the northern India? – 3 (Kharif, Rabi & Zaid)
63. The Headquarter of International Monetary Fund (IMF) is located at – Washington D.C.
64. In which year Gandhiji for the first time coined the word ‘Satyagraha’? – 1906 A.D.
65. ‘Metagenomix’ is an ultra modern branch of science. It is generally related to the study of – Genome of Microbes
66. ‘White Dwarf’ is related to – Astronomy
67. When was Bhabha Atomic Research Centre established? – 1955 A.D.
68. Where was Muslim League constituted? – Dhaka in 1906 A.D.
69. Who was the founder of ‘India Independence League’? – Ras Bihari Ghosh
70. The biggest lake ‘Chilka’ of India is located in – Orissa
71. Motivation given to Multinational Companies in India means encouragement to – Privatization, Globalization & Liberation Policies
72. Presidential form of government was first formed in – United States of America
73. Who is presently (March 2009) the Prime Minister of France? – Frank vice Fillan
74. Which components of light are absorbed by Chlorophyll? – Blue & Red
75. X-rays are actually – Electromagnetic Waves
76. What was the minimum age fixed for the marriage of girls & boys through the Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929 (Popularly known as Sharda Act)? – 14 years for girls & 18 years for boys
77. The Ryotwari Settlement given by Thomas Munro was introduced by the British in the – Madras & Bombay Presidency
78. Rakaposhi and Kangtu peaks are located in the – Pakistan-Occupied region
79. Central Water Commission has thirteen regional organizations which are located at – Bhopal, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Nurpur, Patna, Shillong, Silliguri & Gandhi Nagar
80. The constructive programme ( for Poorna Swaraj) proposed by Mahatma Gandhi included – Communal unity, removal of untouchability & National Language
81. The major source of finance for small scale industries in India is – Bank Finance
82. Who has called Indian Federation as the Cooperative Federation? – G.Austin
83. Who edited the magazine Karmayogin after, Sri Aurobindo Ghose? – Sister Nivedita
84. The winner of Param Vir Chakra ( highest Gallantry Award in India) gets a monthly honor allowance of – Rs. 10,000
85. Which country for the first time won a gold medal in Men’s Archery in Beijing Olympic, 2008? – Ukraine
86. Who wrote the book ‘Indian National Evolution’ in 1915? – Ambika Charan Majumdar
87. Under Indian Council Act, 1861 the number of the members of the Governor-General’s Council was increased from six to – Twelve
88. The three Round Table Conferences were held in London in – First-Nov.12, 1930 to Jan19, 1931; Second-Sep.7,1931 to Dec.1, 1931; Third Nov.17, 1932 to Dec 24, 1932
89. Munda tribal groups found in – Bihar
90. How many universities were there in India till 1937? – 15
91. Who is the first pregnant man who gave birth to a baby girl in Los Angles, U.S.A.? – Thomas Beatic
92. How many Silver Medals did Brazil win in Beijing Olympics, 2008? – 4
93. Who is the Head Coach of the Bhiwani Boxing Club, who has been conferred upon the Dronoacharya Award by the President Smt. Pratibha Patil? – Jagdish Singh
94. Agricultural Income Tax is assigned to the state governments by – The Constitution of India
95. “The girl who has now no younger sister is unsuitable for marriage.” This statement is of – Vatsyayana
96. Who wrote ‘Matta Vilas Prahasan’ – Mahendra Varman
97. Directive Principles of the Indian Constitution include – Constitution of Gram Panchayats (Art. 40);Protection of National Monuments (Art. 49); Separation of Judiciary from Executive (Art. 50); Respect for the International Laws (Art. 51)
98. When was Arunachal Pradesh Mineral Development an Trade Corporation (A.P.M.D.T.C.) Ltd. Established? – 27 Mar, 1991
99. Agricultural Land in Assam is – 39.83 lakh hectares
100. From whose writings Mahatma Gandhi drew inspiration for launching Civil Disobedience Movement? – Henry David Tharean
101. ‘National Institute of Fisheries Post Harvest Technology and Training’ is located in – Cochin
102. Laetrile soils are predominant in – Malabar Coastal Region
103. What is the number of Coral-islands in Lakshadweep? – 12
104. Who invented RNA? – James Watson & Arthur Berg
105. The height of Mukkila Glacier from the sea-level is – 6478 Meters.
106. Which district of H.P. has the highest percentage of schedule tribe population? – Sirmour
107. Who was the last ruler king of Bushahr state? – Padam Singh
108. Khasaam is a sub-tribe of tribe – Kinnaur
109. When did first European traveler Moor craft tour H.P.? – 1820-1822 A.D.
110. Who is the newly appointed chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board? – Aizaz Butt
111. How many Chief Ministers have so far (till March 2009) been defeated in a by-election? – 2
112. Who is the Finance Minister of U.S.A. in Obama Government? – Timothi Geethner
113. Who of the Dr. Vaidyanathan, G.Madhavan Nair, Shamshad Begaum and Ram Chandra Guha is not a recipient of Padma Bhusan, 2009? – G. Madhavan Nair
114. Karling Cup is related to – Football
115. Which Indian lady has recently been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of the Houston University U.S.A.? – Dr. Renu Khator
116. Who was the profounder of ‘Shuddadwaiavada’? - Vallabhacharya
117. From which year was the FERA promulgated? - 1 June, 2000
118. An aeroplane rises above because – the pressure above its wings is less than the pressure below it
119. Indian National Congress had constituted a British society in 1889. This society had started the publication of a magazine. What was the name of this magazine? – India
120. Who was made the chief representative of the Muslim League at the conference of 21 representatives held at the Viceroy’s residence Vice-regal Lodge on June 25, 1945? – Mohammad Ali Jinnah
Read more: HAS Paper 2006