- Himachal Pradesh was formed on 25th January, 1971 with Shimla as a capital.
- The altitude of Himachal Pradesh is 350 mt. to 7025 mt.
- Himachal Pradesh is located between latitude 30°22’ to 33°12’ North and longitude 75°47’ to 79°04’ East.
- Area under the forests in Himachal Pradesh is 37033 sq. km which is 66.5% of the total area of HP.
- The geographical area of Himachal Pradesh is 55673 sq km which is 1.7% of the total area of the state India.
- There are twelve districts in Himachal Pradesh.
- Statehood day of Himachal Pradesh is celebrated on 25th January every year.
- Himachal day is celebrated on 15th April every year.
- State bird of Himachal Pradesh is Jujurana (Western Tragopan).
- State flower of Himachal Pradesh is Pink Rhododendron.
- State animal of Himachal Pradesh is Snow Leopard.
- State tree of Himachal Pradesh is Deodar.
- Neighboring states of Himachal Pradesh are Punjab on West, Jammu & Kashmir on North, Haryana on South, Uttrakhand on South-East and Uttar Pradesh on South-West.
- Languages spoken in Himachal Pradesh are Hindi (Official language), other languages namely English, Punjabi, Mahasui, Kulluyi, Lahauli, Kinnauri, Sirmauri, Chambyali, Bilaspuri, Pahari, Kangri, Mandiyali and Dogri.
- Largest district (area wise) of Himachal Pradesh is Lahaul-Spiti with an area of 13833 sq km.
- Smallest district (area wise) of Himachal Pradesh is Hamirpur with an area of 1118 sq. km.
- There are four Lok Sabha constituencies (Hamirpur, Mandi, Shimla, and Kangra) and three Rajya Sabha constituencies in Himachal Pradesh.
Kindly point out the mistakes if any, in the comment section.
View of Dhauladhar Range from Kangra