61. According to Paris Agreement on climate change, the countries of the world have resolved to limit the rise in global average surface temperature by the year 2050 ( with reference to pre-industrial times) upto a maximum of :
A) 2.5 C
B) 2 C
C) 1.5 C
62. Indian government has set a target of reducing its carbon emission intensity by the year 2030 ( with respect to 2005) to the extent of :
A) 15-25 %
63. At present, the concentration of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere by volume is about:
64. Total forest cover as percent(%) of its geographical area is maximum for which state of India?
A) Madhya Pradesh
65. Green Climate Fund (GCF) is expected to have contributions from UN member states totaling:
A) $ 10 bn per year
B) $ 20 bn per year
C) $ 50 bn per year
D) $ 100 bn per year
66. By the year 2030, the share of renewable energy in the total installed capacity of electrical power in the country, sought to be achieved by Government of India, is:
67. International Solar Alliance was launched by Prime Minister of India along with:
A) Barack Obama
B) David Cameron
C) Angela Merkel
D) Francois Hollande
68. In recent times ‘Yellow rain’ has been reported to have been observed in some parts of which state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
69. The year 2016 has been declared by UN as:
A) International year of soils
B) International year of pulses
C) International year of solar energy
D) International year of nano-science
70. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has entered into collaboration with which country for the programme ‘Soil Protection and Rehabilitation for Food Security’?
71. Who is currently the chairperson of National Green Tribunal?
A) Sunita Narayan
B) M.C. Mehta
C) Bhure Lal
D) Swatanter Kumar
72. To curb air pollution, the odd-even scheme for vehicles was introduced first time in which city?
73. ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’ is about:
A) Free LPG connection to poor families
B) Providing electricity to all villages
C) Developing solar cities
D) Providing scholarship to poor girl students
74. The recent unprecedented wildfire nick-named “Beast” has occurred in which country?
75. The refugee crises in Europe emanated from the exodus of people from:
76. G4 group of countries include:
A) India, Germany, Japan, South Africa
B) India, Germany, Japan, Brazil
C) Russia, India, Germany, Japan
D) USA, Canada, Germany, France
77. In the year 2016, Japan conferred one of its highest civilian honors—‘Order of Rising Sun’ (Gold and Silver Star) on:
A) N.K. Singh
B) E. Sreedharan
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Narendra Modi
78. International Festival of Drums and Traditional Arts titled --- ‘Drums dialogue for Peace’ was recently held in which city?
C) Rio de Janeiro
79. In connection with ‘Panama Leaks’, the name Mossack Fonseca is that of a:
A) National leader
B) Offshore law firm
C) Investigative journalist
80. In the year 2015, in terms of its GDP ($dollars) India economy in the world ranking was at number:
81. As per the UN estimates, the world’s population by the year 2050 is going to be about:
A) 8.5 bn
B) 9.7 bn
C) 10.5 bn
D) 11.5 bn
82. The fastest India train ‘Gatiman Express’ has the highest speed of:
A) 160 km/hr
B) 200 km/hr
C) 340 km/hr
D) 370 km/hr
83. Which of the famous poets mentioned below is known by the name ‘The Bard’?
A) William Shakespeare
B) William Wordsworth
C) John Milton
D) W.B. Yeats
84. Who is the author of the book --- ‘Friends in Wild Places: Birds, Beasts and Other Companions’?
A) Vikram Seth
B) Adela Florence Nicolson
C) Ruskin Bond
D) Rudyard Kipling
85. Who is the cartoonist best known for his creation “The Common Man”?
A) R.K. Laxman
B) Abu Abraham
C) Mario Miranda
D) O.V. Vijayan
86. World’s smallest (nano) thermometer is bases on:
A) DNA molecules
D) Gallium arsenide
87. LISA Pathfinder mission has been launched by:
A) European Space Agency
B) Indian Space Research Organization
D) Japanese Space Agency
88. Thirty Meter Telescope project has the following partner countries:
A) USA, Canada, Britain, France, China
B) USA, Japan, China, India, France
C) USA, France, Britain, India, China
D) USA, Canada, China, India, Japan
89. At present, which country has the distinction of having world’s most powerful supercomputer?
90. Which of the following is the first completely open source mobile OS?
A) Black Berry OS
C) iOS Symbian
91.4G spectrum band does not have the frequency band:
A) 1800 MHz
B) 2300 MHz
C) 2500 MHz
D) 4200 MHz
92. Which is the first country in the world to make internet access a legal right?
93. Identify the country with top average internet connection speed at present:
C) South Korea
94. LIGO detectors observed:
A) Higgs boson
C) Cosmic rays
D) Gravitational waves
95. The film ‘The man who knew infinity’ is based on the life of which famous scientist?
A) Srinivasa Ramanujan
C) K. Chandrasekhar
D) Stephen Hawkins
96. The world’s lightest synthetic material ‘silica aerogel’ is known by the name:
A) Green air
B) Blue air
C) Grey air
D) Brown air
97. Which city leads the list of cities under Smart City Mission of Government of India?
98. In the year 2015, the worst affected country due to the outbreak of “Zika” virus was:
A) Cabo Verde
99. Which of the following digital wallets has not been launched by a bank?
100. Jack Ma is the founder of e-commerce firm:
D) American Swan
101. India born Sundar Pichai is the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O.) of:
102. ‘Wheat blast’ is a:
A) process of grinding
B) process of separating
C) process of breaking
D) disease caused by fungus
103. The term ‘one hundred heartbeat club’ refers to:
A) individual species whose overall population is under or at 100
B) species whose heartbeat is 100 per sec.
C) species whose heartbeat is < 100 per sec.
D) one hundred species whose heartbeat is same.
104. Stone fly is an indicator of:
A) Soil pollution
B) Water pollution
C) Air pollution
D) Noise pollution
105. Planet Mercury’s transit across the sun observable from earth was first predicted by:
106. Which of the following countries does not celebrate Mother’s day on 8th May?
107. The first female Chancellor of Germany, Angela Merkel’s present term in office is:
108. ‘Pink Ghettoes’ is a term about:
A) female representation in corporate sector
B) women slums
C) slums without electric power and water
D) crime affected urban areas
109. Trupti Desai is a:
A) Gender equality activist
D) Kathak dancer
110. The goodwill ambassador of ‘UN Development Fund for Women’ is:
A) Meryl Streep
B) Priyanka Chopra
C) Belinda Gates
D) Nicole Kidman
111. Which lady Head of State is facing impeachment in her country?
B) Park Geun-hye
C) Dilma Rousseff
D) Sheikh Hasina
112. Which country has maximum number of women parliamentarians?
113. Nirbhaya Act came into existence in the year:
114. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw is the CEO of which company?
B) Sun Pharma
D) United Spirits
115. This year, what was the theme of International Women’s Day?
A) Empowering women, empowering humanity
B) Pledge for parity
C) Make it happen
D) Equality for women is progress for all
116. The first country to have set up a bank, especially for women, is:
117. At present, how many biodiversity hotspots are there in the world?
118. Deepika Karmakar, the first ever Indian gymnast to qualify for Olympics belongs to the state of:
119. Which of the following tennis players has been found guilty of doping?
A) Victoria Azarenka
B) Serena Williams
C) Maria Sharapova
D) Rafael Nadal
120. Identify India’s goodwill ambassador for Olympic games:
A) Sania Nehwal
B) Shahrukh Khan
C) Amitabh Bachchan
D) Sachin Tendulkar
121. Which team has not won the T20 World Cup in cricket so far?
C) Sri Lanka
122. The book ‘Ace against Odds’ is based on the biography of which sports personality?
A) Serena Williams
B) Sania Mirza
C) Vijay Amritraj
D) Venus Williams
123. Who is the first Indian player to win All England Badminton Championship?
A) Prakash Padukone
B) Pullela Gopichand
C) Sania Nehwal
D) Nandu Natekar
124. Which bollywood film got the Oscar award for best film this year?
D) Mad Max Fury Road
125. Which of the following film personalities has been given Dada Saheb Phalke Award for his contribution to Indian film industry?
B) Rishi Kapoor
C) Aditya Chopra
D) Manoj Kumar
126. For the best actor (female) category, the National Film Award, 2016 winner is:
A) Kangana Ranaut
B) Priyanka Chopra
C) Vidya Balan
D) Kareena Kapoor
127. World Ozone Day is celebrated on:
A) 5th June
B) 23rd April
C) 16th September
D) 19th September
128. NSDC is an acronym for:
A) National Skill Development Corporation
B) National Science Development Council
C) National Sustainable Development Council
D) National Science Dissemination Center
129. “Unnat Bharat Abhiyan” is related to:
A) Rural upliftment
B) quality improvement in higher education
C) research and innovation in industrial sector
D) cleaner transport in urban areas
130. The theme of National Technology Day, 2016 was:
A) Skilling India
B) Digital empowerment of India
C) Technology enablers for clean India
D) Technology enablers of start-up India