1. Which of the following countries has been hit by severe tropical Typhoon Nida?
B. United States
2. Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of Nepal?
A. Khadga Prasad Oli
B. Pushpa Kamal Dahal
C. Khil Raj Regmi
D. Baburam Bhattarai
3. Ahmed Zewail, who died recently, was the Nobel Laureate in which field?
4. Sovereign Debt/GDP ratio is highest in-
5. India’s rank in World Press Freedom Index 2016 is –
6. Which country has the world’s highest nominal per capita GDP?
7. Which of the following country is the winner of Copa America Centenario 2016?
8. As per a World Bank report which of the following commodities is likely to face glut during 2016?
A. Iron Ore
D. Cotton Textiles
9. Global Initiative of Academic Networks is related to –
A. Intermediate Education
B. Basic Education
C. Technical Education
D. Higher Education
10. Who is the newly elected President of Myanmar?
A. Aung San Suu Kyi
B. Htin Kyaw
C. Thein Sein
D. Henry Van Thio
11. The Chabahar port development agreement was signed with India and –
C. South Africa
D. Saudi Arab
12. As per the world bank’s report which country is the largest recipient of overseas remittances in 2015?
D. United Kingdom
13. As per Confederation of India Industry (CII) and KPMG report 2016 India is the ………………fastest growing services economy in the world.
14. What was the name of India’s new fastest train?
A. Rajdhani Express
B. Shatabdi Express
C. Gatimaan Express
D. Vivek Express
15. Who has been appointed as Chairperson of National Monument Authority?
A. Himanshu Prabha Ray
B. Susmita Pande
C. Padma Sachdeva
D. Minakshi Lekhi
16. Dipa Karmakar is associated with-
17. The state producing maximum vegetables in India is –
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. West Bengal
18. Who is the Chairman of NHRC?
A. Justice H.L. Dattu
B. Justice Cyriac Joseph
C. Justice D. Murugesan
D. Justice Swatanter Kumar
19. Parveen Rana is associated with which sports?
A. Table Tennis
20. How much insurance cover has been offered by the Indian Railways for passengers?
A. Rs. 5 lakh
B. Rs. 2 lakh
C. Rs. 8 lakh
D. Rs. 10 lakh
21. Which of the following banks have become first Indian banks to join SWIFT’s global payments innovation initiative?
A. ICICI Bank and Axis Bank
B. SBI and Axis Bank
C. ICICI Bank and SBI
D. HDFC Bank and SBI
22. Which Indian Arabic calligrapher has won second prize at Cairo International Festival for Arabic Calligraphy?
A. Mohammad Baghdadi
B. Muqtar Ahmed
C. Mamoun Luthfi Sakkal
D. Khalid Mohammad
23. Pandit Lachu Maharaj, who passed away recently, was a well-known maestro of which musical instrument?
D. Vichitra vina
24. Which Indian movie has won the Best Asian Genre Film award at 2016 Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN)?
A. Captain Fantastic
B. Psycho Raman
C. The Forest
D. Auto Head
25. The 2016 joint military exercise “Maitree” has been conducted between Indian and which of the following countries?
26. The foreign investment in India Stock Exchanges has been increased from 5% to ………….?
27. The book “ The Sialkot Saga” has been authored by whom?
A. Manmohan Desai
B. Vijay Goel
C. Ashwin Sanghi
D. Pritish Nandy
28. Which state government has recently launched pilot project of e-complaint system?
A. Tamil Nadu
29. India’s first-ever Water Metro project has been launched in which of the following cities?
A. New Delhi
30. Which state government of India has imposed an unconditional ban on Chinese manja and other non-biodegradable threads used to fly kites?
31. Himachal Pradesh is bound between:
A. 40°15’ to 35° 6’ North latitude
B. 29° 3’ to 19° 6’ North latitude
C. 30° 22’ to 33° 12’ North latitude
D. 50° 6’ to 43° 9’ North latitude
32. By what name ‘Shivalik hills’ were known to the ancient?
A. Naga Parbat
B. Manak Parbat
C. Vyasa Hills
D. Trigarta Parbat
33. Who played a great role in reconciliation between “Dasas” and “Aryans”?
A. Rishi Vishwamitra and Rishi Vashishta
B. Rishi Vashishta and Rishi Ved Vyas
C. Rishi Ved Vyas and Rishi Vishwamitra
D. Rishi Vashishta
34. Sham Singh was the youngest ruling Chief to attend the great proclamation Darbar, held in 1877 at:
35. Mahakali Lake is located in the district:
36. Ram Prasad Vairagi used to live at parade ground in Subathu in the guise of a –
C. Local Farmer
37. The snowline in Himachal Pradesh is;
A. 4,500 mts
B. 3,500 mts
C. 3,000 mts
D. 2,300 mts
38. In which year Army Hq. was shifted from Shimla to Delhi (A.D.)?
39. After Hamirpur which other district of Himachal Pradesh was declared fully literate in the year 2003?
40. In which year Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education was set up?
A. 3rd July, 1969
B. 18th September, 1972
C. 6th December, 1975
D. 5th March, 1948
41. The Government Ayurvedic College in Himachal Pradesh is located at:
B. Joginder Nagar
42. What is the name of the spot located at the confluence of the Pin and Parbati rivers?
A. Chow Dinkar
43. Who received the first ‘Pahari Kavita’ award:
B. Dr. Baryam Singh
C. Dr. Susheel Kumar Phul
D. Dinesh Dharmpal
44. Where was the idea mooted by A.O. Hume for the formation of Indian National Congress in 1883?
B. Kennedy house
C. Rothney castle
D. Shimla museum
45. The Panjpulla picnic resort is located near
46. The Sayar festival of Arki was started in the year;
A. AD 1590
B. AD 1610
C. AD 1643
D. AD 1688
47. Nikora Pass ( elevation 4,750 mts.) is located the border of:
48. The last Judicial Commissioner of Himachal Pradesh was:
A. S.B. Kapoor
B. D.B. Lal
C. Om Prakash
D. P.N. Nag
49. The History of Mandi State was written by;
A. Man Mohan
B. M.S. Randhawa
C. V.C. Ohri
D. J.C. French
50. The High Court of Punjab before its transfer to Chandigarh was located in Shimla in the :
A. Kennedy house
B. Rothney castle
51. Who was the architecture of Shimla Gaiety theater?
A. H. Darwin
B. C.V. Clark
C. G.W. Huchinson
D. None of these
52. Satluj Watershed Project was launched with the assistance of which country?
53. Which Himachali women was presented with Laxmi Bai award in the year 2000?
A. Varsha Katoch
B. Kinkari Devi
C. Ghambari Devi
D. None of these
54. In which year HRTC started its own courier service?
55. Priyanka Chaudhary belonging to district Kangra is associated with which sports?
C. Long Race
56. The first pucca house Kennedy House in Shimla was built in the year of (A.D.):
57. Who was the first Secretary of Municipal Committee Shimla?
A. William Edward
C. James Walker
D. Marace Boileau Good
58. Who was the First Chief Engineer of H.P. Elecrtricity Board?
A. Yadavnandan Malhotra
B. Kishori Lal Mahajan
C. Avtar Singh
D. P.N. Gautam
59. The first scientific Awareness Park in the Country set up in year 2000 AD at:
60. Who was the first Himachali to became Chief of Army staff?
A. Bhupendra Thakur
B. V.N. Sharma
C. K.L. Mahajan
D. S. Sunderjee
61. The storage capacity of a disk system depends on the bits per inch of track and tracks per inch of
62. The disk drive component used to position read/write heads over a specific track I known was
A. Acoustic couples
B. Access arm
D. All of these
63. User programmable terminals that combine VDT hardware with built-in microprocessor is
D. Intelligent terminals
64. The use of spooler programs and/or……Hardware allows personal computer operators to do the processing work at the same time a printing operation is in progress
A. Registered mails
65. A device that operates under the control of another device is called
66. A storage device where the access time is depended upon the location of the data is
A. Random access
B. Serial access
C. Sequential access
D. Transaction access
67. Which number system is commonly used as a shortcut notation for groups of four binary digits?
68. Interface electronic circuit is used to interconnect I/O devices to a computer’s CPU or
69. What hardware architectures are not supported by Red Hat?
70. What TCP/IP protocol is used for remote terminal connection service?
71. What service is used to translate domain names to IP addresses?
72. Which of the following command is used to create a Linux installation boot floppy?
A. Mkboot disk
B. Bootfb disk
C. ww and rawwrite
D. dd and rewrite
73. How many primary partitions can exist on one drive?
74. What command do you use to create Linux file systems?
75. Which of the following is not a communication command?
76. A station in a network forwards incoming packets by placing them on its shortest output queue. What routing algorithm is being used?
A. Hot potato routing
C. Static routing
D. Delta routing
77. What are the most commonly used transmission speeds in BPS used in data communication?
78. Avalanche photodiode receivers can detect hits of transmitted data by receiving
A. 100 photos
B. 200 photos
C. 300 photos
D. 400 photos
79. A noiseless 3KHz Channel transmits bits with binary level signals. What is the maximum data rate?
A. 3 Kbps
B. 6 Kbps
C. 12 Kbps
D. 24 kbps
80. Which of the following does not allow multiple users or devices to share one communications line?
81. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence.
82. Optimist is to cheerful as pessimist is to
83. What is the next term in the following series?
84. ‘CG’ is related to ‘HL’ in the same way as ‘KO’ is related to………..
85. If A+B means A is the mother of B; A-B means A it the brother B; A%B means A is the father of B and AxB means A is the sister of B, which of the following shows that P is the maternal uncle of Q?
86. Pointing to a boy in the photograph Reena said, “He is the only son of the only child of my grandfather.” How Reena is related to that boy?
D. Cannot be determined
87. Pavan walked 30m towards North, took a left turn and walked 40 m. He again took a left turn and walked 30m. How far is he from the starting point?
A. 100 meters
B. 60 meters
C. 70 meters
D. 40 meters
88. Navya is the only daughter of Mahesh’s sister Shalini’s brother. How is Navya related to Mahesh?
D. Niece or Daughter
89. In certain code ‘a friend of mine’ is written as ‘4 9 1 6’, ‘mine lots of metal’ is written as ‘3 1 0 9’ and ‘ a piece of metal’ is written as ‘7 1 6 3’.
What is the code for ‘piece’?
90. Choose the word which is different from the rest.