Direction: Each question from 1 to 3 has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of word for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
1. They had ………… the venue for the party a month.
(A) Found, soon
(B) Saw, earlier
(C) Selected, earlier
(D) Booked, in advance
2. She is one of the ……………….interior decorators………..the city.
(A) Best, in
(B) Best, of
(C) Better, in
(D) Good, at
3. Please………..sure that you attach the photocopies ……………not the originals.
(A) Be, also
(B) Make, and
(C) Let me, but
(D) So, only
4. Which of the following is not a compound word?
5. A short fall in supply would knock the bottom out of the engineering industry. What does, “Knock the bottom out of” stand for?
(A) Make it baseless
(B) Shake its foundation
(C) Cause it to collapse
(D) None of these
Direction: (Question Nos. 6 to 10). Fill in the blanks with proper choice.
6. They all stared…………….as the door of the dilapidated house swung open.
(A) With bated breath
(B) With closed eyes
(D) In the same boat
7. The patient …………….before the doctor came.
(B) Had died
(C) Was dying
8. He sent……………word that he would come soon.
(D) No article required
9. He would come if you…………..
(C) Had wished
(D) Would have wished
10. Every person visiting a doctor happens to……….form a clinical or psychological disorder.
11. What word means an extremely strong dislike or fear of someone or something?
12. What word means a person or thing that appears to be an exact copy of another?
13. Which of the following is the correctly spelt word?
14. The correct transformation of the sentence “The news is too good to be true”, is:
(A) The news is so good to as to be true.
(B) The news is so good that it is true
(C) The news is so good that it cannot be true.
(D) The news is good enough to be true.
15. What will be the suitable prefix for the opposite of the word ‘trust’?
16. The correct preposition in completing the sentence, “he hindered me…….doing this”, is :
Direction: (Question Nos. 17 to 19). Identify the part of speech of the underlined word.
17. I ate some rice.
18. We hurt ourselves.
19. I have heard this before.
20. The synonym of ‘ambling’ is:
(C) Wandering aimlessly
21. The synonym of ‘unexploited’ in context of resources is:
22. The antonym of ‘robust’ is :
23. The antonym of ‘wilted’ is:
Direction: (Question Nos. 24 and 25). Read the sentences and find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part (a, b or c) of the sentence. If there is no error, the answer is (d).
24. The director explained the theme (a)/ and the concept of the (b)/ international folk festival (c).
(A) The director explained the theme
(B) And the concept of the
(C) International folk festival
(D) No error
25. Residents have been planning the theme (a)/ outside their homes and in lawns (b)/ to add beauty and give their place a grand look(c).
(A) Residents have been planning the theme
(B) Outside their homes and in lawns
(C) To add beauty and give their place a grand look
(D) No error
COMPUTER & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AWARENESS
51. How many KBs (approximately ) are there in 1 GB?
52. The binary equivalent of decimal 12 is:
53. The ASCII code for ‘a’ is:
54. Decimal equivalent of binary number 110011 is:
55. Which of the following hardware is not present inside a computer?
(A) Hard Disk
56. Select the odd one out:
57. Which of these is not an output device of the computer?
58. Which of these is not an Open Source Operating System?
(C) Red Hat
59. Hyper-threading is related to:
(A) Hard Disk
(B) Operating System
(D) Application Programs
60. If you get an internet at a speed of 2 Mbps at your home, then what does this speed refer to?
(A) 2 Mega bytes per second
(B) 2 Mega bits per segment
(C) 2 Mega bytes per second
(D) 2 Mega bits per segment
61. Who invented the ‘C’ language?
(A) Niklaus Wirth
(B) Donald Knuth
(C) Seymour Papert
(D) Dennis Ritchie
62. In the Relational Database Model, a Tuple refers to a:
63. The terms SCSI and IDE are related to which of the following?
(C) Hard Disk
(D) CPU Fan
64. What does DVD stand for?
(A) Digital Video Disk
(B) Digital Video Drive
(C) Data Video Drive
(D) Digital Versatile Disk
65. In SQL, which command is used to remove a table from the database?
66. In SQL, which is command, is used to add new rows to a table?
(B) ALTER TABLE
67. The clock speed of the processor is measure in:
(D) Files per second
68. Which of the following converts an assembly language program to the machine language?
69.The root directory of a Linux Operating System is designated by the following symbol:
70. Which of the following is a valid file format of a video file?
71. A computer program that can copy itself and has a damaging effect like corrupting the system or destroying data is known as:
72. Select the odd one out:
73. During the boot operation, the ………looks for the System files.
(D) Operating System
74. Who founded the Linux Kernel?
(A) Dennis Ritchie
(B) Steve Jobs
(C) Bill Gates
(D) Linus Torvalds
75. Which of the following is not word processing software?
(D) MS Word
76. Which of the following is not a font style?
77. Which process checks if all the essential peripheral devices are attached to the computer and are operational?
(D) None of these
78. Landscape is commonly known:
(A) Font style
(B) Page size
(C) Border style
(D) Page Orientation
79. What is the Short Key for Line-Break command in MS word?
(A) Shift + Enter
(B) Ctrl + Enter
(C) Alt + Enter
80. What is the Short key to Open Find and Replace Dialog Box with activating Replace Tab?
81. What are values for the smallest and the largest FONT sizes in the MS Office package?
(A) 8 and 72
(B) 4 and 88
(C) 6 and 144
(D) 8 and 144
82. Which of the following is the valid file extension for an MS Word file?
83. Which of the following is the valid file extension for an MS Access file?
84. What kind of charts can be created in MS Excel?
(A) Line Graphs and Pie Charts only
(B) Bar Charts, Line Graphs and Pie Charts
(C) Line Graphs only
(D) Bar Charts and Line Graphs
85. How is data arranged in an Excel Worksheet?
(A) Line and Spaces
(B) Height and Width
(C) Layers and Planes
(D) Rows and Columns
86. B7:B9 in MS Excel means:
(A) Cells B7 and B9 only
(B) Cells B8 only
(C) All cells from B7 to B9
(D) None of these
87.The First Cell in an MS Excel Worksheet is labeled as:
88. Which of the following functions is used to display current date and time in MS Excel?
89. In MS Excel a Workbook is a collection of:
90.An MS PowerPoint presentation is a collection of:
91. An MS PowerPoint slideshow can be stopped by pressing the:
92. To get content at the same position on every slide, automatically, it should be inserted on the:
(A) MainFrame Slide
(B) Framework Slide
(C) Slide Animation
(D) Slide Master
93.The slide that is used to introduce a topic and set the tone for the presentation is the:
(A) Title Slide
(B) Main Slide
(C) Master Slide
(D) Forehead Slide
94. Contents of which of the formats can be added to a MS Power Point presentation?
(D) All of these
95. Which Power Point feature allows to quickly create a simple presentation?
(A) Autocontent Wizard
(B) Custom Animation
(C) Chart Wizard
(D) Quick-Do Wizard
96. Spell Checker in MS Power Point can be activated using the following key:
97. The Indian IT Act is also known as:
98. The illusions or tricks used in movies are known as Special effects and is often abbreviated as:
99. A hard disk is divided into tracks which are further subdivided into:
100. LAN stands for:
(A) Local Area Network
(B) Labelled Area Network
(C) Land Area Network
(D) Long Area Network.......Click here to continue reading