1. In India most of plant flowers during spring or summer because
a) It is breeding season for butterflies
b) More solar radiation are available
c) Fruit and seed setting must be complete before onset of monsoon
d) Environmental fluctuations are low
2. When a marine fish is placed in fresh water, it dies because
a) Entry of water and it bloats
b) Exit of water and it shrinks
c) Deficiency of salts
d) Deficiency of nutrients
3. For climax which statement is incorrect?
a) Number of perennial species increases
b) Complexity of food chain increases
c) Vertical stratification of community increases
d) Evolutionary primitive
4. Predators can influence the structure of a community because their removal from the community causes a catastrophic change in the composition and structure of the rest of the community.
What are the predators called because of this?
a) Keystone species
b) Linking Species
c) Hunter species
d) Edge species
5. The use of which of the following devices has given the modern biologist a better insight into the internal structure of cells
a) Super Computer
b) Electron microscope
d) Ultra centrifuge
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Plants and Animals grow for a definite period of time
2. There is a basic difference between plants and animals at the level of their structural unit
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
7. Chlorophyll is a naturally occurring chelate compound in which central metal is
8. Pollination by birds is called
9. The branch of medical science which is concerned with the study of disease as it affects a community of people is called
10. The study of phenomena at very low temperatures is called
a) heat transfer
Answers: 1-b, 2-a, 3-d, 4-c, 5-b, 6-c, 7-b, 8-b, 9-a, 10-d.
Read more: HPAS Prelims Quiz-9 (General Science)